Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Catching Up

By the looks of this blog, now featuring a multitude of disjointed pieces of writing posted all in one day, you may assume I've just experienced the mother of all mood swings. That is not the case, although it would have been a wild ride!

I set the intention of writing like this a while back, and although I wanted to create a blog I was (and still am) a teensy bit terrified of making my writing public. So I began the project with a more familiar medium: pen and paper. Now that I've bitten the proverbial bullet with the blog format, I wanted to bring my previous writing here as well so it would start at, well, the beginning. (A very good place to start!) I also want future posts to appear on the days they are actually written, hence the "lumping-past-works-into-one-day" strategy. Clever, I know.

One final note I feel compelled to mention: What I write here is not intended to be any sort of formal, well-thought-out, edited, or massaged poetic verse. It is intended to be raw and untouched. My goal is to let whatever is inside pour out in its truest form so I can learn from it. Therefore, you can expect that much of what you read here will be messy and imperfect, because what lies within us usually is.

And that is perfectly okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment