Monday, April 9, 2012

A Single Step to Start the Journey

Inhale. Exhale. Type.

I've been floating around the idea of this blog for some time now. I intend to use it as a place to keep record of words - both my own and those of others - that move me along the path. It is a path we are all following, yet many of us struggle to recognize it as our own. I've reached a point where looking down at my shoes and kicking up dust as I go along no longer suits me. It is time to walk with a purpose. Head high, voice steady and clear, heart wide open.  

I'll admit I have found it awfully difficult to start writing here. It's going far beyond my "usual self" to present the inner workings of my being anywhere other than multiple notebooks stashed hither and yon. But that usual self is feeling uncomfortable and restrictive as a more authentic self begins to grow from within. And so, to foster that growth and encourage it even when it feels impossible, I am putting myself out there in a form that rings true to my being: the written word.

I've been told that the magic happens outside your comfort zone, and it is magic that I seek.
So here I am, and off I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment